Nothing says “summer” like the crystal clear waters of a newly-installed in-ground pool. But in order for your pool to be swimsuit-ready by the time summer rolls around, you’ve got to get a head start on the installation process. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to install a swimming pool during the chilly winter season. However, there are a number of pros and cons to scheduling your swimming pool installation during the winter months. Before you make the call, be sure to consider all the factors that will affect your installation.
Pros of installing a pool during the winter
- Less of a waiting list. Swimming pool contractors in Bucks County, PA tend to see an increased demand in the spring and summer months. Scheduling your pool installation during the winter means less of a chance that you’ll be placed on a waiting list.
- Workers have plenty of time to do a great job. With less demand and plenty of time until the pool can be opened, you and your contractors can devote more time to your pool.
- You can use the pool by spring. The state of Pennsylvania is notorious for its unpredictable weather changes. If we see an early, warmer spring season, a winter pool installation will have you and your family prepared.
Cons of installing a pool during the winter
- Unexpected delays. Blizzards, snowstorms, and hail can pop out of nowhere, causing unexpected delays for your installation process.
- More labor needed to complete the project. During the winter, the ground tends to freeze in response to lower temperatures. This means that your project may require more labor and time to complete.
- You can’t test it when it’s completed. Running your pool during the winter season is not recommended, as it can result in broken pipes due to chilly temperatures. Even if the installation goes “swimmingly,” you’ll still have to wait a few months before diving in.
No matter when you decide to install your new swimming pool, your first call should be to Anthony Landscapes. With innovative design and a dedicated team, our Bucks County, PA swimming pool installations will have your family splashing and swimming by the time spring arrives! Give us a call today at 215-596-4730 to learn more about the swimming pool installation process or to schedule an appointment for a free estimate.