Now that the temperatures are consistently higher and schools have let out, we officially know that it’s summertime. With gorgeous weather and families and friends coming to visit, everyone is spending more and more time outside. Is your yard looking a little boring or dead?
One of the quickest and easiest ways to impress company is by planting flowers in your yard. Seasonal flowers are a fun way to brighten up your property; however, not all flowers are appropriate for the summer heat.
As one of the top mulch and outdoor companies in Montgomery County, PA, here is a list of the top five flowers for Pennsylvania and New Jersey this summer!
- Coreopsis. Coreopsis usually flower into a beautiful and bright yellow bulb, but come in a variety of colors. They are essentially hassle-free and thrive in the summer heat.
- Dahlia. Dahlias are known for their unique floral shape, which forms a beautiful ball of symmetrical petals in adulthood. They are one of the prettiest summer flowers but come in variety of types, so be sure to ask your local gardener or landscaper what the specific needs of your type are.
- Marigolds. Most people know marigolds for their fiery orange and yellow color scheme, but they’re also beloved because they are easy to care for and easy to plant! If this is your first season planting flowers, marigolds are an excellent beginner’s choice.
- Snapdragon. Sometimes called “Beardtongue,” snapdragons are known for their beautiful pink and white tube-shaped flowers. They require a large amount of sun, so they’re perfect for the summer season. If you love hummingbirds, plant a bed near your windows- they’re a favorite of birds that eat nectar.
- Gloriosa Lily. This neon pink and yellow flower is perfect for homes with a large amount of vines because they can grow amongst bricks or vining, decorating your home with beautiful and unique flowers. However, be warned that these flowers are poisonous if ingested, so they are not well suited for families with small children or pets.
If you are interested in learning more about these flowers or want to find out about our hardscaping installation services in Bucks County, we encourage you to contact us today!