We know the feeling. When you have a mom who already has everything, shopping for the perfect Mother’s Day gift can be a nightmare. Instead of buying mom another candle that will gather dust in the closet, why not try getting creative with one of these four gift services? Mom is sure to be impressed and thankful that you got creative.
No matter if you’re a business owner or a weekend warrior looking to improve the look of your lawn, if you have grass on your property, you want it to be lush and green! Now that the snow of the winter season has finally started to melt away, your grass may be looking a little browner than you’d like. Continue reading
From TV shows depicting the classic American family lounging in the summer to your neighbor next door who always seems to be cleaning and sweeping outside, it seems like every homeowner loves their deck. But what makes investing in a deck such a popular option when it comes to home additions?
At Anthony Landscapes, the top hardscaping and mulching company in Bucks County, we want to help revitalize your property. Read on to learn three reasons why deck installation has helped countless homeowners fall back in love with their property!
- Decks offer a perfect addition for entertaining. Anyone with a small child knows that you can’t take your eyes off a curious child for more than a second — especially if they’ve just entered the terrible toddler stage! Some parents add a deck to their home to safely add a sort of “observation tower” to their home so their children can play in the yard while being supervised.
- Decks encourage you to be more social. Whether you’ve been thinking about throwing a summer barbeque or a big spring graduation party, everyone loves to spend time out on their deck. Decks encourage you to be more social, and spend more time outdoors with the people that matter most to you — instead of allowing yourself to stay trapped inside, even when the weather is beautiful!
- Decks offer an extension to the interior of the home. Picture this: it’s a beautiful spring or summer day, you have the doors to your deck open, and the warm sunlight and fresh air is flowing through your home. Sounds pretty peaceful and relaxing to us! One reason that many homeowners love their deck is because the surface area of the deck essentially extends the interior space of their home in the spring and summer seasons, especially when they’re getting some fresh air!
If you are considering adding a deck to your home, don’t leave your construction up to chance! Give our team at Anthony Landscapes a call today at 215-596-4730 to schedule your free estimate and learn more about their other offerings such as natural stone patios in Montgomery County, PA.
The snow is melting away, and birds will soon be returning from their migrations. Springtime is just around the corner– is your lawn ready for the upcoming warm season? Our Bucks County lawn care company is getting ready to help families get their lawns and gardens looking great this season. Read on to learn four steps that you can take to start on your way to greener gardens and healthier lawns this year!
- “Wake up” your lawn. Did you know that your lawn actually goes into hibernation during the cold winter? It’s true! Break your grass out of hibernation by “waking” it with your rake. Raking through your lawn will help to break up thatch and “snow mold,” or patches of grass stuck together.
- Fix patching with overseeding. Are you noticing patching and brown spots on your lawn after winter? Patching can be fixed with a technique called “overseeding.” To overseed your lawn, apply a slow-release nitrogen fertilizer with your grass seeds, then top with a quick-release nitrogen fertilizer five weeks after the grass begins to germinate.
- Weed early and often. Keeping your lawn healthy comes along with weeding often and early. Be vigilant about the appearance of dandelions, which have a tendency to show up early in the spring season.
- Consider a new lawn mowing strategy. You might not put much thought into how you mow your grass, but believe it or not, there are good and bad times to mow. Mowing when the grass is wet can damage both your mower and the health of our grass, so this spring, try avoiding mowing after a rain or early in the morning when dew is covering your lawn.
If you’re looking to beautify your lawn this spring, having a clear vision is key. If your home needs a bit of a tune-up this spring, call our lawn care company in Newtown PA at to learn more about how to upgrade your space this season!
If you’re looking to begin 2018 with a more beautiful yard, you probably already know that choosing the right landscaping and hardscaping team is crucial to making sure that the vision in your head can become a reality.
If you’ve already begun to search for the right hardscape contractor to work on your Yardley, PA property, you might already be wondering, “What should I be looking for when deciding who to trust on my property?”
With a seemingly endless number of options, it’s easy to become overwhelmed by your choices. Here are three things to search for when you’re looking for a qualified landscaping company.
- Before-and-after photos. You want to pick a company that has proof that it can do what it says it can. When you’re considering landscaping companies, look for a before-and-after gallery that will show you exactly how well the company has improved properties in the past.
- Free estimates. A common scam that goes around every few years in the landscaping and hardscaping business is the estimation scam. Home and property owners pay a non-refundable deposit to have an “expert” come out to assess the property, only to have a ridiculously high quote come back. Often, these so-called “experts” are not equipped to handle the job and make their money providing expensive estimate after estimate. Free estimates help ensure that you’re working with a reputable company.
- Positive reviews. The best advertising comes from word-of-mouth, and the best landscaping companies will proudly display happy testimonials from previously satisfied customers. When choosing a landscaping company, search for one with plenty of customer testimonials for the best service!
With over 30 years of experience, a massive gallery of previous projects and a five-star rating on Yelp, Anthony Landscapes is the easy choice for anyone who is search for a reputable and reliable landscaping and hardscaping company.
Give our team a call at 215-596-4730 to earn more about hardscaping installation and other projects for your Montgomery County, PA home today!